Friday, April 27, 2012

We are a happy Family!

I am so grateful for my wonderful children! They each add so much to our family. Burke is my straight arrow. Sometimes its hard to discipline him because he is so hard on himself. Sometimes the punishment he gives himself is enough. I can just give him a look and he knows that he did something wrong. He loves sports and retains all kinds of information about sports. Whats amazing to me is he knows facts from before he was even born. This he has in common with his father. They can t and alk sports ALL day long! Right now he is in upward basketball and he loves it. He works hard at it and he loves going to work with his dad to practice. I hope that he can go on to be on his school teams and that he continues to love it!

Annie is my little drama girl. He says things just the way they are as she see's them. She doesn't hold back. She is a great big sister! She loves her baby sister. She is very creative. She loves horses and animals. She has a very tender heart. She may be able to say what she thinks and be very "red" about it, but she has a very soft side to her as well. She loves writing notes and letters. I love getting her little notes after she getes in trouble that says "I'm sorry mom. I love you." It is wonderful to have her in our family.

Alexis is my little jewel. She can get a grown man to play barbies with her! I have seen more than one of her uncles play with her. She just puts it in their hands and starts playing. She loves to sing! I love hearing her sing "We are a happy Family" it is so priceless! She probably got that in nursery at church. She loves going to nursery. She is my only child that has never cried when I drop her off. She loves going and I am so grateful for her nursery leaders. She has such a comforting spirit about her. I think she was sent here to our family to help mend my broken heart.

You might wonder why I had a broken heart. About 10 months before Alexis joined our family we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl. Her name is Graycee. She was silently born. I was about 4 months along when we found out our little bundle of joy was a very sick baby. She had her organs on the outside of her little body. We did some testing and we found that besides those problems she was ok. We also found out that it was not genetic. About two months later I got really sick, and I started realizing my little one was not moving as much. I remember being so scared. I knew something was wrong but I kept hoping that I was wong. But 3 short days later I no longer felt movement. My doctor told me to come in. When we got there they could not find the heartbeat. I knew she was gone and my heart broke. I don't know how to describe the feelings. During this pregnancy I was blessed to be able to bond with Graycee. I don't know quite how to explain it but I know her just as well as my three other children. She is greatly missed. Somedays are harder than others. I have mostly good days now but every once in a while something will happen and all those feelings rush back to me. This time of year is hard for me because it was this time of year we found out there were problems. She returned to Heavenly Father on June 9, 2008. I was blessed with 6 months with her. Heavenly Father blessed me with understanding at the time.  I am so grateful for that. Graycee is a very special part of our family. She has helped me grow with understanding of gospel principles.

I am so grateful for my wonderful family! I think I am one of the lucky ones! I have a wonderful husband. I have 4 great kids that I couldn't imagine my life without. They inspire me to be a better me everyday! I love my life because of my family. Is my life perfect? Well, no but my family is the sweetness in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment